Tuesday, March 07, 2006

MY NEW BAG!!!!

I almost forgot to say something about it. I got my new sleeping bag the other day. I have been starting to trust Ebay a little. If fact I am really glad that I did. I got my new bag for $40 less than retail and it was new still in the shrinkwrap. I actually went to UPS to get the package as I was so excited. My new bag is a Big Agnes Encampent 15* Polyguard 3D Long with a left-hand zipper.

For a big guy like me it is PERFECT. I have been shopping for a bag for a while. All the current mummybags and such do not fit well around my shoulders. After tryout 20 or so bags at REI I finally stpped into the Encampment. It is ROOMY. I did not stay in it too long at the store so I didn't quite get to explore all the functions. When I got into it at home I was thrilled. I spent probably two hours just exploreing all the room and details of my new outdoor home. It is the best thing EVER!!! The long length is meant to accomadate someone 6'6" and has a girth of 73". This bag is so roomy that I could fit another person in there with me....hmmmm...there is also a heat baffle that is shaped to go gentle around your neck just under the face opening. the peculiar thing about Big Agnes bags is the lack of insulation on the bottom 1/3 of the bag. This reduces the wieght. In leui of the padding they have given you a slot that accomindates a sleeping pad. This weight you don't roll off your pad at night and pad ensures that your precious body heat doesn't sink itnot the group during the night. I now will swear by this system. I can't wait to get it out on the trail....now for a tent and GPS...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home