Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Gear Check!!!

So my regular walks down the lake shore and up the stairs are doing me some good. I am still a little winded at the end of one trip up the 7 floors but I could do more if I were so inclined. When I started this whole adventure I was cursing my health by the time I reached the top of the stairs and it took 5 or mins for me to recover. So GO ME!!!

It has occured to me that i should take an inventory of my gear and see where I am at. I am not equipped to find out much each piece weighs yet but soon.

My pack:

Kelty Tioga External Frame Pack
Generic 3 person summer tent
Big Agnes Encampment 15* bag.
Big Agnes 20x78 Inflatable sleeping pad
Small Micro-fiber fleece blanket
Small Camp Hatchet
Nightblaster LED headlamp
12" Bowie Knife
Forever Flashlight
Generic Close cell foam sleeping pad (just for winter)
Primus Technotrail Camp stove
Iso-Pro fuel cell
Two Nalgene 1-litre bottles
MSR Stainless bowl
Army Surplus titanimum mess kit
Folding Combination shovel/pick-axe
REI Candle Lantern
2 spare candle
2 packs water proof matches
Pack of generic fire-starter sticks
bag of lint
Wool cloak
spare long johns
spare shirt
extra pants
2 pair spare socks
REI medium pack towel
Big yellow poncho
2 large garbage bags
Various foodstuffs such as two mountain house meals, lipton side dishes, ramen soup, green-tea, cinnamon tea, Emercen-C, Ibuprofen, p-38 can opener, 3 spare AAA, etc.)

WHat I need next:
Water Filter System
New Tent
New hiking Boots
Compass or GPS

My WishList

REI Quarter Dome UL Tent
MSR MiniWorks EX Filter
Garmin Rino 120 GPS/Two-way radio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home